Saturday 31 July 2010

Final Project

After being inspired by illustrators such as Emily Gravett and Louise Gardiner I decided to create a children's book. The inspiration for the story line came from my friend Rachael Ball finding a mouse in her bedroom, giving me the idea of creating a story about 2 mice families and a cat Mr Charles. Each character was inspired by my friends characteristics which help the character come to life. I started illustrating the story and started experimenting on how to add embroidery into my book. After experimenting I decided to create the backgrounds of my book on the amaya machine and to have the character seperate from the book so children can interact with the book. My characters would be traditional hand stitched to add texture. Below are some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment